Genesis 1:28-30

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Subdue it

As Christians today, we so often reject anything that has to with the "Left Wing, Extremists." We know that there is a God, and He created this world and us in His image, but sometimes we forget He gave us rule over this world. I am disappointed with some Christians today, who think that any ideas that come from the left side must be ignored. I don't believe in "Mother Nature" or that trees or other plants have feelings, but I do believe that God expects us to care for the world He has given us dominion over. We have forgotten that when we get to heaven God will held accountable for all we did here on earth, and while I think that how we care for our children will be more important than the fact that we never recycled, I still think we need to step up the the plate and be good stewards of what God has given us.
In the Bible, in Genesis 1:28, it tells us we are to "subdue" the earth. I did some research into what this was talking about and I found that it means to have dominion or be in control of, be a good steward of the earth. Steward means to care for someone else's property. Isn't that what we are doing? Caring for God's earth. I am reminded of movies about the future where generations from now live on other planets because we have trashed this one. It just makes me think, God isn't going to give us another one! He gave us over every living and non-living thing on this earth. I am not saying, that if your family is cold and needs firewood, not to cut down the tree, by all means make some firewood. What I am saying is that as Christians, maybe we need to look at some things we can do to improve the world God has given us.



No comments:

Post a Comment